A dip in a hot tub is fun, but there is more to it than just the entertainment. It also offers several health benefits. In these troubled times when most of us are living with a tremendous amount of day-to-day pressure, it is only natural to look for ways to alleviate your stress. After a hard days’ work at the office, soaking in a hot tub is a perfect way to rejuvenate yourself.
You are never too old to pamper yourself, and pampering yourself to keep your health in perfect shape is a habit you should indulge. Nothing should come before your health. It is common knowledge that a hot tub bath relaxes you, but there are many other positive effects on your body, and hence your overall health, if you take a soak in a hot tub.
Here are some of the other major health benefits that a hot tub soak has to offer:
- It relaxes you and relieves your stress – A hot tub not only relaxes you, it also reduces your mental and physical stress. Research shows that hot water in combination with the massage provided by hot tub jets and the sense of weightlessness a hot tub provides decreases your anxiety levels. It is an established fact that when you are mentally and physically more relaxed, and stress free, you are better able to cope with day-to-day pressures.
- It improves your sleep habits – The more you are stressed out, the less likely you are able to get a good night’s sleep. And, we all know how important it is to sleep well at night. Take a hot tub soak and then go to sleep and feel the difference. You will not only get to sleep quicker, you will also get a sound night’s sleep. The logic is simple, if your body is adequately warm, you are able to sleep faster, and get a quality sleep without many disturbances. And, there is no denying the fact that sleeplessness is one of the main reasons why you can have a bad day at office. You are not your usual self, your mood is off, and you are not able to focus on your work. To get a good night’s sleep, spending some time in your hot tub is not a bad option.
- It reduces your blood pressure and blood sugar – A hot tub bath increases your heart rate because it has to work faster and harder. This increases the flow of blood in your body, which produces more oxygen, and this revitalizes your cells. Warmth causes these cells to dilate over time, which ultimately lowers your blood pressure because the dilated cells provide less resistance to your heart. Though not conclusively proven, initial studies show that a hot tub bath is likely to decrease blood sugar levels in individuals who have type 2 diabetes. The hot water in the tub tends to have the same effect on your body, to an extent, which you experience over the course of physical exercise. And, physical exercise is recommended for people who suffer from type 2 diabetes.
- It gives you a younger and healthier looking skin – How do you think you can look younger and stay healthy? Not by constantly being under stress. Anxiety and stress are the leading causes of premature aging. But, when you make it a habit to spend time in your hot tub on a daily basis, you are able to cope with stress and anxiety in a better way. You are able to sleep properly, which improves your overall health, and also makes your skin look younger. Also, the hot temperature of the water in the tub increases your circulation, which upturns the flow of oxygen to your skin. It improves the delivery of nutrients to your skin, which eventually makes it glow, and you look younger.
- It reduces chronic pain – Hydrotherapy has known to improve back, joint and knee pain. A hot tub bath provides much needed pain relief in chronic conditions like aches and pains, arthritis, tendonitis, and conditions like carpel tunnel. The water gushing out of the hot tub jets produces bubbles, which provides the buoyancy, and this results in a sense of weightlessness. Also, the heat increases your blood circulation, and hence your tense body gets a chance to relax. The overall effect reduces the inflammation in the effected parts of your body, which reduces your pain.
But, to avail the benefits of a hot tub bath, you need to have a functional hot tub. One which is clean, safe, and leak free. You of course don’t want your water bill to dig a deep hole in your pocket, which adds to your stress, rather than easing it. Yes, a leaking hot tub does not just increase your water bill, it also deprives you of all the health benefits that it provides.
So, what is the solution if you have a leaking hot tub? The answer is simple, you need to call in leak detection experts because a hot tub can leak from many places.
Why do you need to call in a leak detection expert if your hot tub is leaking?
It is not all that easy to locate and repair a leaking hot tub. There are several places from where your hot tub can leak. Finding, and then repairing a leak, or leaks, could be a tough nut to crack. The leak could be in any of the plumbing joints, or it might be due to a defective gasket, and/or seal.
When is the right time to call a leak detection expert?
Your hot tub and pool could have quite a few things in common when it comes to locating and repairing a leak. Your pool loses some water on account of evaporation, and so does your hot tub, a few inches, if they are not covered. Your tub and pool will also lose water on account of the amount you use, the more you use, the more water is lost. But, if there is a leak in your hot tub, it would start losing significant amount of water, which you will be able to notice pretty easily.
And, if you ultimately conclude that your hot tub is leaking, you should immediately pick up the phone and call Certified Leak Detection, leak experts, who can locate and repair any leak in your hot tub quickly, effectively and efficiently.
If you are in and around Orange County, Orlando, Kissimmee, Altamonte Springs, Winter Garden, Winter Park, Apopka, Maitland, Seminole County, Oviedo, Longwood, Winter Springs, Brevard County, Osceola County, Volusia County or Lake County, contact Certified Leak Detection, hot tub leak professionals for locating and repairing leak.
Just because a leak is not allowing you to get into your hot tub, don’t deprive yourself of its benefits, call Certified Leak Detection now and get it repaired.